Passenger Van Driver- Make a Difference in Our Community
Hours – 10-20 hrs/week - Mornings only, Afternoons only OR Split Shift (transport clients start and end of day)
- Morning route: approximately 6:30 AM - 9:00 AM
- Afternoon route: approximately 2:30 PM-5:00 PM
Class C Driver license and/or Class B Driver License preferred but not required
The Passenger Van Driver is responsible for providing true person-centered services for ambulatory and wheelchair bound adults of all skill and ability levels. This includes transporting to and from the day services facilities, appointments and client’s homes within designated routes and ensures the safety of the passengers in the company vehicles. Prime Home DDS will provide training for CPR/First Aid as well as de-escalation and behaviors training.
This position also performs daily maintenance, safety checks and inspections on assigned vehicles; and performs related duties as assigned.
- Always have temperament to work with disabled and challenging individuals while being kind and patient
- Be professional
- Be friendly and in a positive manner when working with staff from other agencies and facilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate dependability
- Lift up to 70 pounds
- Bend and twist
- Work well independently
- Speak, read and understand the English language in both the written and verbal form.
- Responsibility to maintain safety for themselves and their clients.
- Emotionally support patients, remain calm and professional, and use good interpersonal skills can diffuse a volatile situation.
- Experience driving a 12 or more-passenger van
- Individual transport preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of driving experience.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- GPS devices or map apps
- Client Confidentiality
- HIPPA compliance
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum age requirements 19 years old
- Clean driving record
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Vehicle Insurance upon request
Must be able to pass the following background checks:
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Adult Protective Services Central Registry
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Child Protective Services Central Registry
- Criminal background check
- National Sex Offender Registry